Hello Kitty Online: The World of Warcraft for Little Girls

So I've probably come pretty late in the game to Hello Kitty Online (HKO). I'm not sure how long it's been around, but it's been around long enough that only a few people actually still play it. Most of them, I suspect, are my age (20-somethings). It's deserted fields and beaches remind me of how deserted EverQuest is now. And that game used to be hot stuff. My dad, my sister, and I all used to play EQ. I think we stopped playing shortly after the Moons of Mayhem expansion came out. You know. The expansion with the cat people.

I've really been enjoying playing HKO. It's reminiscent of vanilla WoW. You run around clubbing things until they fall asleep, gather caterpillars and spinach leaves off of a potato plant,  mine gravel, maintain farms, and so on. It's a very light, easy to play game. It doesn't require spaz reflexes, continuous patch updates, and, best of all, there's no lag!

The biggest drawback for most people, I suspect, would be how adorable this game is. All of the Hello Kitty characters are included, including the ones only hardcore HK fans know about, like Cinnamaroll, Keroppi, and My Melody. All of which I know because I am a self-declared, hardcore HK fan. Although I don't watch the TV show...

I've tried to convince some of my friends to jump online with me, but to no avail. My sister already plays, so I can jump on with her when her busy Air Force schedule doesn't prevent her from playing. I can't even convince my boyfriend to play! I'm sure some of you are laughing at this, since, clearly, no man would ever be caught dead playing such a ridiculously adorable game. But let me tell you: whenever my boyfriend and I are mall crawling, he always goes into the Sanrio Hello Kitty store with me. Sometimes he even buys me some things. I guess my boyfriend is pretty open-minded about Hello Kitty, but not so open-minded as to play the game with me.

I hope I've convinced one or two of you to join me on HKO. If you want to hit me up, my character's name is Lisarisa on the US server, JackieSpicer on the Int'l server. Hope to play with you soon!

Comments

  1. I see the superlative contents on your blogs and I perfectly enjoy going through them.
    Hello Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad my writing is entertaining.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts